August 9, 2022

REMEMBERING AGAIN

As I sat on Balcony my gaze turned to the four foot or so, heavy statue of the little girl holding her skirt up and barefooted. We bought her on one of our Road trips one year a long time ago. We were headed through TN. on the way to see DOLLYWOOD and points around. They were selling all kinds of yard stuff along the roadside. I fell in love with her-first sight. But it is heavy and, in the way, -HE complained, but she found her a spot on the floor of the Motor Home and rode there for many miles, till she found her home on our patio for several years. I could not part with her and the memory of when we bought her. I brought her to live on my Balcony where she still stands, holding her skirt, in bare feet and smiling at me. We have been through a lot together. Hope, when I am gone, someone will give her another good home. 

BETTY (bear with me) BOOP)

p. s. got to see Dolly in person on that trip. 


No comments: