August 11, 2022

WHILE DIGGING IN MY STORAGE CAGE

While looking for something else (can't remember what) I came to a big box that I had not dug in for some time. It was full of old framed pictures wrapped in newspapers. I begin to unwrap a few and was having fun. I came across one of me-- was a sort of new bride-- and my sweet sister-in-law Irene. We had our first apartment across the street from them on Northview Drive in Fondren. Lucky to have a one room with kitchen privileges and shared bathroom with landlady and another couple. Right after the war, anything was welcomed. We were young and in love. In those days, an outing on Sunday afternoon was a trip to Vicksburg and tour of park and maybe an   ice cream cone. No car of our own yet, but willing brother & sister-in-law, we rode with them. This picture was of me and her dressed in our Easter finery, high heels and leaning on the car which was a typical pose. I was taken back to the first Nieve Days when I thought I knew it all. 

BETTY (those were the DAYS) BOOP

p. s. can still go back in memories.

p.p.s. I forgot to tell you; it was typical to wear a corsage from you Signiant Other on Easter. And we did.



No comments: