December 19, 2022

O MY GOODNESS

I blame this habit of waking sooooo early on the much hated time change. I seem to still be having trouble waking so early. This morning, I got out of bed and wobbly on my feet, at 5:30. Stumbled to kitchen and woke Mr, Coffee. He gurgled to a slow start and made the coffee anyway. Oatmeal was my choice with banana. Other things followed. I was on a roll. Too dark and cold to go on Balcony. I (of all things) started a pot of veggie soup at 6:30. It was a chore to find the slow cooker and it's rightful cord. Anyway, I saved bits of this that and the other in the freezer to start it off. Opened canned tomatoes, and creamed corn and some left over turkey from Thanksgiving. It has two kinds of peas, some lima beans, French style green beans, little bit of rice. I plan to add some okra at the end. It will be ready by noon. Come on over. I may be taking a nap. 

BETTY  (asleep on the job) BOOP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny......I just sat down after putting on a pot of vegetable soup very much like yours. I always add a can of V8 vegetable juice to mine and it gives it such a good flavor. Ivey

Dot said...

WE SEEM TO BE ON THE SAME TRACK. I PUT V8 JUICE IN ALSO. SOMETHING ABOUT THE THREAT OF COLD TEMPS, BRINGS OUT THE NEED TO MAKE SOUP. I ALSO PLAN TO MAKE A LITTLE "PONE" OF CORNBREAD. BETTY BOOP