January 3, 2023

NEW POST (so it says)

But who needs "new" all the time. When you get near your 96th Birthday, the old is good enough. My thoughts would not find something new, so here is what came to mind. Old, Old, Old. In fact back to childhood. I can not ever remember my Daddy giving me any punishment. Always from my Mother, who needed to give me more. Because  I was not a Poster Child for following the rules. But my Dad was a WW1 vet. Terrible war. When I see the films of it, I don't know how he came through it. He lied about his age, as many did, to get to go. He was wounded and suffered with nightmares and troubles. He was a quiet man and I remember when he tried to correct me, he could not do it without a tiny smile that ruined the whole process. Funny I remember that, and what did it mean? I guess he was a "softie" to punishing me. Now on the other hand, my Mom did her correcting with words!! Now that hurt more than a switch!!

BETTY (looking for something to write)BOOP

p. s. maybe nothing would be better.

 

No comments: