March 17, 2020

ST. PATRICKS'S DAY

Wearing of the green, even if you have not a drop of Irish blood in your body, we all love to claim Irish.  I know I do.  Celebration has been called off  here as everything else  you can imagine.  I really will miss the Irish coffee and the singing of the old sweet Irish songs.  WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING, I'LL TAKE YOU HOME AGAIN KATHLEEN, you get the drift.  Well maybe if that was all we will miss we will be lucky!! By the way, where is the luck of the Irish this morning?  What the heck is "social distant-ing? How do you do  that?  New catch phrase.  Something we Southerners are not use to.  I can't begin to tell you all the rules we must follow here.  Of course I understand and am glad they are so looking out for our safety, but  like every other American, I am spoiled and want my way.  Must buckle up and take it.  I am a firm believer that this too will pass.  Be patient.  Even the Cyber is closed for now.  Dinning room too.  We go in shifts, according to a chart, to pick up our main meal for the day.  Either noon or dinner.  What fun.!!!  Think we will go in spaced 10 feet apart?

Betty Boop

P.S.  Fun for yesterday.  Amy left me toothpaste at the gate and they brought it to me.  She also included a "comfort" food--A can of Deviled Ham-one of my favorite.  She is so  thoughtful and funny!! Got a laugh for the day. I just had another thought-how are we going to "pinch" someone for not wearing green today?  Old myth to follow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Social distancing should prevent pinches!