September 26, 2020

MEMORIES

 How they linger. Well some do and thank goodness some  don't.  I thought of my Mother yesterday as I got energy to searched  my cedar chest to find some old friends that I could wear again. My memory of her did not include clothes but how in the Spring she would get lots of energy to clean.  She washed lace curtains, all the little china "things" she had on every surface.  Little crochet "doiles"  she made.  Everything till she was satisfied and  tired. I remember how fresh everything smelled.  I felt tired after searching to see what I could wear in hopes I would not have to go shopping. Can't do much except online.  Some of that works but going and really looking is better.  I decided I was good to go, as I had added a few new things last winter.  Even a coat that I have never worn, since we had a mild winter,  I wonder what this one will be?  Hope is what we always have.  Hope for better things to come. Saturdays and Sundays are always lonesome and long.


Betty Boop

No comments: