September 14, 2020

STORM A BREWING

 Sally is her name. Cute name, but she promises to not be so cute.  I believe if I lived on the Gulf Coast, I would consider moving.  They have been hit hard lately.  It felt cool and breezy  on Balcony, but since I came inside the sun is out.  Go figure.  I started thinking about home made veg. soup.  I have made many a big pot of the wonderful brew in my time.  I still think I will prepare to make it again. Some day soon.  I have  to gather the makings. Don't have many little packets of leftovers in the freezer  as I used to.  But you can put it together almost as good with cans and frozen stuff.  I think a little "love" added is what makes it good.  My Mother made the best of all.  It was made usually with a "free" soup bone from the butcher.  Little meaty and with lots of flavor.  Are you hungry yet? Her soup would brewed  all morning and when it finally was "soup" and with hot cornbread from the oven, buttered, it was worth the wait.  Two servings was in order.  Dream on-I seem to make it sound better than it really was.  Memories, as they age take on lovely little images.  Right?

Let us go and make some soup.  Or does that sound like a lot of work?


Betty Boop

I thought this color was a pretty shade of purple, but it turned out kind of dark,  sorry.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was just thinking about making some soup. I used my last frozen package.

Karen Buffington said...

I made a pot a couple weeks ago. It was so good and satisfied my craving.