August 12, 2023

CICADA'S

 Usually that is a sign that school is starting. OPPS !!!! It has started. Early now. Air conditioning helps, When I was a little girl, floor fans would have to do. And maybe just one to a room. Trained on the teacher-kids got hot anyway. Oh well. I don't always remember it straight. Another sign of Fall-Cicada's singing. We  called them "kadydids. (even the dictionary can't spell it. Anyway, I heard a very weak sound, I believe it  was unsure also.  They are strange looking. If you can find a shell after they emerge   were lucky. Boys of course tried to scare the girls and the faint of hearts with them. Oh well, what we need now is a couple days of real rain. How sweet that would be. 


BETTY (what are Cicada's good for?) BOOP

p. s. even I have a purpose.

No comments: