August 4, 2023

RED LETTER DAY

 I am sure SCV broke the fire code yesterday for too many people in the Activity Room. And the Mayor of Madison sitting right on the stage--front row!!!! Yes Mayor Hawkins was our guest and the whole Village turned out. She sat demurely in a all Pink outfit, hair just right and make up perfect. Also with a sweet voice and political smile. I think she has been Mayor all her life and most of ours too. I think she has done a good job. The staff hurried to bring in extra chairs. Wow.!!She of course brought too much good news and smoothed over the not so welcomed things. We will rejoice and be glad? What else can we do?

Excitement on the front line for me. I opened the screen to Balcony and did not notice a big old mad and hungry wasp flew in with me. I found him on the floor of the kitchen-dazed but ready for me. Oh no!!  Not at 6:30 in morning. What to do? No bug spray. It flew off with the wind a long time ago. I looked for a weapon. Nothing but my BIG OLD DICTIONARY came in sight. I grabbed it-snuck back in kitchen. Let is fall on him and he did not know what hit him. Left him as I cooked my breakfast, checking him often to see if he still lay still and dead. With a paper towel, I picked him up and "down the disposal" to the river and beyond. Good job "old girl." One less to push my hummers around.

BETTY (victorious) BOOP

p. s. don't cross me today.!!! 

p.p.s. fighting mood!!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

You killed him with some heavy words!