November 9, 2022

BALCONY VISITOR

65 degrees is perfect. I was enjoying myself as I sat on Balcony with second cup. I had put a mix of regular crackers and graham crackers. Buble" family were ignoring them. Finally, a new kid on the block came. I have heard the Mockingbird singing so loud and clear many times. First time to see him up close. What a beauty, with his slender body and long legs (compared to the lowly Sparrow. So elegant and snobbish. He ruled the space for a while, and I watched him, and I am sure he was watching me. No Sparrow in sight, but I am sure they watched. He craned his neck, this way and that. Looking the place over. Looked at the crumbs without interest and I was hoping for a song or two. But. suddenly he lifted and flew with the same grace that he landed. No eating for him. just "looking around." So, we said goodbye, and come again. You know, sometime people are that way also. Just make a little memory and move on.

BETTY (I"M staying) BOOP

p. s. please stay with me.


 

No comments: