November 23, 2022

TEARJERKER

November 23, 1946. She walked through the door into parents Living room on N. Jefferson Street, in a vision of a sky-blue suit, pink silk blouse and a quaint little hat with a large pink feathered plume. Oh, how beautiful. (He thought.) There he stood smiling and nervous in his first tailor made suit. A nice new tie and shoes that pinched. So, it began. Lifelong romance that lasted a long time, but not long enough. When I think of it, I know I was so naive but trusted this man with my whole life and never had a regret. It was a warm November that year, but I bought clothes for cooler weather. Can't remember a lot about New Orleans that year, but that is understandable. When I asked my mother what to expect on my honeymoon, she said, "A Honeymoon is to get to know each other better." A lot of help that was. I found it takes a lifetime to get to know your mate. Some sweet times and some not so sweet. But in our life together, I have no regrets. Just sweet memories to last. So, 1946? A Banner Year in my book and the many years we spent, getting to know each other. 

BETTY (sweetly be) BOOP

p. s. carry on!!




  

2 comments:

T said...

Y'all set a great example for your posterity!

Amy said...

I know you looked precious.