July 12, 2021

CROW-NO- SHOW

Bert & Beatrice enjoyed the raisin toast crumbs in peace.  Old Crow chose to sleep in I guess.  I observed him and three other old crows late yesterday fighting a fearsome battle over who sat on the cross over the Chapel.  Only three best seats,  you know.  So one had to take a lower seat.  Not the best one in the house, so a battle went on.  They would dive at each other and crash as I am sure feathers flew.  Chase would begin and one would fly back to regain the perch.  Small time they would battle again.  Guess the best man won--they all look alike to me.  So they are home in the neat and resting. Meanwhile it is kind of cool and quiet.  I thought of that great old hymn-MORNING HAS BROKEN. Do you know it?  One of the beautiful old ones that sounds like poetry.  Wish I could write pretty ,  but alas mine just come our funny.

SO BE IT

BETTY (need to get back to writing anyway) BOOP  

No comments: