July 27, 2021

JUST TOO HOT ON BALCONY

I keep writing in red for hot.  I get full sun in morning on Balcony, so it is hard to find a little shade.  I did see an Army (or Navy)  of some kind of ducks floating on Lake.  At least they had their feet in the water.  Otherwise, the whole picture was very still and without motion, Summer time for sure.  I thought -- what did people like my generation do without air conditioning?  We had these little floor fans. The richer you were-the bigger the fan, and also some would turn from side to side. Our first built house had an attic fan. We were "rich" then.  Did a pretty good job.  We would set it to go off after we were all in bed asleep.  Linda would get up and turn it back on as soon as it   stopped.  Truman and I would laugh at how quick she got it back on.  Had a little issue with her, but could you blame her?  No.  Next we graduated to the window units.  Had  one nice one. It was not till we built on Riverwood that we had central air.  We had come a long way baby by that time.  Oh my,  the good old days.  Makes you appreciate the good old days more.  SO BE IT

BETTY (staying cool) BOOP.


No comments: