July 23, 2021

HOW MANY WAYS??

 How many ways can you cook or use eggs?  I had an egg-in-a-hole this morning.  So good (in) whole wheat bread, turkey bacon, fresh navel orange and ever-loving coffee.   Looking at bird family enjoying  their crumbs in peace. on the Balcony --thought about eggs.  Memory is a little faded but I do remember my first egg in an" egg cup".  Before it was always in a coffee cup.  I mean soft boiled or three minute egg in a fancy cup.. It was on a train bound for North Carolina to visit my favorite Aunt Peg, Mothers sister.  The one with no children and would really spoil me.  I was about 14 I think. and first train  trip alone. My egg was served in a pretty egg cup.  A first for me.  My I felt special, sitting there in the dinning car.  My Mother had made me a brown and white checked gingham suit.  And , I loved the little beige hat to go with it.  Do you remember Spectator Pumps?.  Some brown and white and some black and white.  I even remember navy and red ones.  Mine were brown to match that cute little suit. I as a "vision" I thought.  What an adventure for an  almost grown girl who had been no father north than Canton, Ms.  I guess memories that make the lasting impressions stay with you.  My how far I have traveled since then.  

HERE WE GO DOWN MEMORY LANE. How could I have thought I could close those doors?  Never.!!!!

BETTY(at it again) BOOP


1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great memory.